Re: Sharing of personal information

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 07:52:45 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 06:00 28-03-2017, Ish Sookun wrote:
>I'm sorry if it's interpreted that way. I'm rather calling for
>contribution (time, dialogue, proposals etc).

The message from Yusuf is at
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2017/03/6043.html
The response was that it was not possible for the organization to
offer the event free of charge and that the organization had to make
Yusuf agree to a compulsory clause [1]. There was then questions
about whether the organization is a non-profit and transparency
[2]. The response was that the legal body for the event is Agile
Media Ltd. [3]

     (a) Yusuf doesn't usually discuss about privacy. His concern is that
         mandatory sharing of personal data with sponsors for the registration
         process is in breach of ethics and the data protection act [4].

     (b) It is up to Agile Media Ltd. to discuss about the data protection act
         issue and provide assurances to Yusuf to address his concern.

Is it a good idea to reply to a person attending an event as part of
his work at LSL Digital by saying that he is a free man and his
choice is either to agree to the mandatory clause or to stay
away? That is not a good way to have a dialogue.

1.
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2017/03/6044.html
2.
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2017/03/6047.html