Re: Sharing of personal information

From: Yusuf Satar <fx_at_fluxy.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 08:35:32 +0400

Hello,

> I'm really enjoying this conversation.

As interesting as this conversation may be, we are diverting from the point.
We can discuss ad nauseam how costs could be covered, but the fact remains that mandatory sharing of personal data with sponsors for the registration
process is in breach of ethics and the data protection act.

> You're a free man, and it's your choice to agree to this or to stay away.
I am also a concerned citizen protected by the law (see the above).

> You do not agree to attend the Developers Conference because of the registration form, that's okay.
I refuse to share my personal data with sponsors, especially if it is mandatory. Although I do have to be present at the DevCon as part of the LSL
Digital team, which is providing media coverage.

> Unfortunately, we are going in circles. I said initially, that substainable improvements are most welcome. Help us to improve it.
It is great to talk and share ideas. While I do value the DevCon team's accomplishments and respect the community's views as to how it should be
structured, I personally am not comfortable with it.

Again, thank you very much for your time, I know you must have a hectic schedule. I do not want to be a party pooper, but I urge you to please
reconsider the current practice of mandatory sharing of personal data with sponsors from a point of view of ethics and legality.

For the matter of price coverage and organizational structure, I do believe the community and yourself have food for thought aplenty.

Best Regards,

--
❱ Muhammad Yusuf ABDOOL SATAR
– ❝Vitae Non Scholae Discendum❞