Re: Notes of meeting of the Multistakeholder Forum

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 13:30:07 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 10:49 13-06-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>I understand you but it appears that if I share the exact notes of
>the meeting people from the multi-stakeholder forum would not
>hesitate to sue me. We're in Mauritius and definitions change here.
>Transparency at an international level and transparency in Mauritius
>might not mean the same.

 From
http://unpan1.un.org/intradoc/groups/public/documents/cpsi/unpan029328.pdf

   "Public Officers shall understand that, while
    discharging their duties, they are doing no favour to
    members of the public. They shall diligently, fairly
    and sympathetically attend to inquiries from
    members of the public.

    It is the duty of Public Officers to give to the public
    any information required or advice and to provide
    reasonable assistance. Public Officers shall help the
    public to understand their rights and obligations."

Is the problem that the rights and obligations of the representatives
of the Mauritius Internet Users are not clear? Are we public
officers or are we part of members of the public?

Are we acting in bad faith by disclosing information to our members
so as to promote open discussion with them and get their consensus on
the decisions to be taken?