RE: Notes of meeting of the Multistakeholder Forum

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 12:44:31 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 09:25 13-06-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>Is this the cup of [removed' you were referring to in your previous
>mail? https://twitter.com/IshSookun/status/609308234260869120

I saw that cup and I can confirm that it was present at the meeting.

>I would like to remind you that there is a requirement for the
>representative of the Mauritius Internet User to be transparent. You
>are supposed to send me the notes of what you discussed about and
>what you agreed to. You were not selected as a representative of the
>Mauritius Internet Users to be a doll on a committee. I insist on
>getting a notes of meeting from you. I would like to be sure that
>you did not seat in the meeting to enjoy as if it was a tea party.
>Should i design a new outfit for you? Maybe that will inspire you to
>be less docile.

I insisted about that requirement for transparency which I have to
abide to as a representative of the Mauritius Internet Users. It was
pointed to me that Cabinet memos are to be kept secret. I explained
that I was not discussing about Cabinet memos; I was discussing about
a draft document which the Mauritius Internet Users would have to
agree to. I mentioned that the Mauritius Internet Users does not
have any money and that we would not be able to afford a lawyer as we
are poor. Who knows, maybe some people believe that only the rich
should be allowed to have a say?

>I am the person leading the Mauritius Internet Users group. I don't
>agree that I need your approval to communicate with Government
>Officials. Do you think that I am a child who has to ask for your
>permission before doing anything?

I apologize if anything I wrote conveyed the impression that you need
my permission before doing anything.