ICTA: trois rapports annuels manquent à l’appel

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 11:09:22 -0700

Hi Karen,

I read the news article [1] about "ICTA: trois
rapports annuels manquent à l’appel". I wrote to
the Chairperson of the ICT Advisory Council in
October 2015 to ask about the ICTA reports. The
answer I received was that: "As such, it is not
possible for the Advisory Council to ask the
Authority to publish its annual report in a
timely manner". It is puzzling how an Advisory
Council is providing advice about the internet in
Mauritius when there isn't any up-to-date report from the regulator.

The news article mentions that "Sur le site du
ministère des TCI, on apprend même que l’ICT
Advisory Council est consulté avant la nomination
des membres du conseil d’administration de
l’ICTA". I asked Mr Sookun about that a few
weeks ago [2][3] as it is easy to find out
whether a person has any experience in
internet-related matters by doing a Google search.

1. www.lexpress.mu/article/288539/icta-trois-rapports-annuels-manquent-lappel
2.
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2016/08/5716.html
3. http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2016/08/5717.html