ICT Authority annual reports missing?

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 21:43:04 +0400

Dear Mr Bhadain,

I tried to obtain your email address from the National Legislative
Assembly but in vain. I finally obtained the email on the website
roshibhadain.com.

I am writing to you as my previous attempts at obtaining ICT Authority
annual reports for the years 2012, 2013 & 2014 have been futile.

On 20 September 2015, I asked [1] Mr Benjamin Moutou, the Director of
Marketing & Communications, ICTA, about the missing ICT Authority annual
reports of 2012, 2013 and 2014. Mr Moutou replied:

      "Please be informed that the Annual Reports 12-13-14 have all been
sent to the relevant institutions as per the statutory obligations."

On 21 October 2015, I requested Mr Avinash Meetoo, Chairman of the ICT
Advisory Council, whether the council could obtain the reports. Mr
Meetoo considered my request and forwarded it to the Ministry. We did
not receive any reply.

On 19 November 2015, I questioned [2] Mr Jugdish Dev Phokeer, Permanent
Secretary of the Ministry of Technology, Communication & Innovation
whether it is a problem for the Ministry to make the annual reports of
the ICTA Authority public. I did not receive any reply.

On 2 December 2015, I emailed [3] Mr Pravind Jugnauth, Mr Yogida
Sawmynaden and Mrs Leela Devi Luchoomun Dookun, members of the National
Legislative Assembly from my constituency, asking for their help in the
matter. I did not receive any reply.

On 13 December 2015, following a workshop on the Freedom of Information
Act, Mr Moonesamy emailed [4] Mr Jadunundun, board member of the ICT
Authority, and explained the difficulties we're encountering to obtain a
copy of the reports. Unfortunately before the discussion could bear its
fruit, Mr Jadunundun decided to leave [5] with a sulking face.

That leaves us with four months of struggle to get the reports.

I decided to contact you on the matter because you are the Minister of
Technology, Communication & Innovation and this matter involves your
Ministry. I have seen your recent struggle and hard work in realizing
the Good Governance and Integrity Reporting Act. I thus believe you will
understand my struggle.

Mauritius suffers from several ICT related problems, among which, one is
that of slow internet. The lack of publicly accessible information makes
it very difficult to study and analyze the causes. The annual reports of
the ICT Authority are very important as they give an overview of the
projects, activities, achievements of the authority during the past
three years. It will also give an insight on what has been done to
tackle the problems.

I request your help in this matter and I hope the reports could be
released at its earliest.

For the sake of transparency, I am copying this email to the Mauritius
Internet Users list and to the persons I mentioned in this email.

As a disclosure, I am a member of the ICT Advisory Council and I work
for La Sentinelle.

[1]
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2015/10/3774.html
[2]