RE: Copyright Material (Logo) on 'Hackers.mu'

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 14:58:04 +0400

Hello Mr Cheenaramen,

> 1. We believe we are making fair use of that logo to represent Mauritius
> as it is a national emblem, if you own that image and believe we are not
> making fair usage of that picture, we will respectfully cease from using
> it, but you are a stupid annoyance trying to use work of others to be a
> nuissance to others.

Your belief is actually breaching a copyright that Mr Pagooah has raised as an issue.

> 2. Secondly i know you do lack maturity, or maybe you have a short weeny
> complex, but such matters are usually discussed private emails, but hey i
> almost forgot professionalism isnt really your trait, i wonder if clients
> are not worried that you start publishing their private stuffs on public
> lists.

Mr Pagooah is known as a young entrepreneur and professional graphic designer. He voiced out his concern regarding breach of copyright on another matter [1] apart from the hacker.mu issue. I read his email prior to yours. He accused you of copying a copyrighted image from the internet and hackers.mu claiming it as their logo [2]. In your reply you have mentioned using it as your logo but there is no reference to the source of the image or credits to the original author. Therefore, I believe Mr Pagooah has a justified concern.

> 3. Is there something that you didnot understand last time when we had a
> meeting on skype after you acted like a kid and shared my facebook page
> here in an attempt to gain some sympathy? I simply do not want to be on
> the mailing list, you jave to contact me privately. I know that you are
> not very bright, i can understand that, but i do not have time for your
> childishness all the time, i know it is christmas and you want gifts etc,
> but am not your daddy.

I confirm that you are not on the mailing list. Mr Pagooah contacted you and copied the Mauritius Internet Users mailing list. If you do not want your reply to appear on the public archive of the mailing list you can remove the address from the CC field.

> 4. For christ sake, i will take down that logo if the author tells me to,
> dont act as if you own it, but you dont. Infact if you know the author of
> the logo i would like to have a chit chat with him or her.

Okay.

> 5. Merry Christmas.

Okay.

> Shelly :) by the rules of this mailing list is Nirvan allowed to spam
> people who havent registerred in this mailing list by unwanted mails that
> also with an entire list cc'd.

The mailing list rather adheres to netiquette than a specifically written rules, as we believe in the maturity of Internet Users in Mauritius. When issues are brought forward, they are dealt accordingly. Are you complaining that Mr Pagooah's email is a spam? I suggest you contact Dr Kaleem Usmani, Assistant Manager, CERT-MU, asking his advice on whether Mr Pagooah's email breaches any law in Mauritius.

> Pps. As for the gimped logo quality, just compare it to your error 5xx
> website when it got ddosed and you lied that it was being migrated :). Or
> atleast thats what i felt when u explained.

I do not understand this part. Is hackers.mu involved in some DDoS activities?

[1] http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2015/12/4266.html
[2] http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2015/12/4483.html

Kind regards,
Shelly