Re: Copyright of a third party on www.govmu.org

From: Tejas (Nirvan) Pagooah <"Tejas>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 00:53:13 +0400

Hello Mr Rajnish,

On 11/30/2015 8:03 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:
> Hi Rajnish,
>
> The Copyright Notice [1] on the www.govmu.org is as follows:
>
> "The Government of Mauritius (the "State") encourages public access to
> government information on this website and other government websites.
> However, all material published on this website is protected so
> far as
> is possible by the provisions of the Copyright Act in favour of
> the State."
>
> The Copyright Notice also states that:
>
> "The permission to reproduced State copyright protected material
> does not extend
> to any material on this website that is identified as being the
> Copyright of a
> third party."
>
> There is an image in the top left corner of the screenshot at:
> http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/www-govmu-org-cybersecurity-day-2015.png
> The material is not "identified as being the Copyright of a third
> party". A quick search would show that it is unlikely that the
> material was not created by the Government of Mauritius.

In my humble opinion, as a web developer or even a fellow citizen of
Mauritius, it's inadmissible that the Government of Mauritius is failing
to comply with copyright laws. Let's take my very example; tomorrow
someone uses my works or copies my designs/works without seeking my
permission. This will of course create a *copyright issue*.

The thing I'm referring to, is if the government is failing to comply,
who actually should be showing the 'correct way' of doing things, how
should we expect those in the Mauritian internet-space to comply with
all these norms and rules.

I think a simple credit to the image used would have suffice.

Thank you.

*Tejas (Nirvan) Pagooah*
CTO at Graphics Temple Ltd
*W*: www.nirvan.pagooah.com <http://www.nirvan.pagooah.com>