Re: Government of Mauritius, confidentiality compromised

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 00:19:27 -0800

Hi Nadim,
At 12:11 01-12-2015, Nadim Bundhoo wrote:
>I was reading a blog post [1] written by you today. You ask whether
>documents were leaked by someone having access to the same.
>Personally I believe it was carelessness, as we have seen on various
>occasions the past few years (on defunct Gov.mu).

One of the academic "certificates" used on the island for "IT
security" is undependable. Isn't it strange that the security
"experts", whether local or imported, have not said anything about that?

As you mentioned, there has been several reports of security issues
affecting the defunct gov.mu and govmu.org. Maybe, it is due to
carelessness. Would you keep your money at a bank if the bank is
careless with your confidential information?

Does it affect confidentiality if the policies to ensure
confidentiality are badly written or if those policies are ignored?