Re: Government of Mauritius, confidentiality compromised

From: Nadim Bundhoo <nadim_at_devisprox.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 12:58:49 +0400

Hello SM,

On 3 December 2015 at 12:19, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> Hi Nadim,
> At 12:11 01-12-2015, Nadim Bundhoo wrote:
>
>> I was reading a blog post [1] written by you today. You ask whether
>> documents were leaked by someone having access to the same. Personally I
>> believe it was carelessness, as we have seen on various occasions the past
>> few years (on defunct Gov.mu).
>>

> One of the academic "certificates" used on the island for "IT security" is
> undependable.

Why not trust-worthy? What are the certificates used?

> Isn't it strange that the security "experts", whether local or imported,
> have not said anything about that?

Yes it is. But are they aware that confidential documents are in the public
domain?

> As you mentioned, there has been several reports of security issues
> affecting the defunct gov.mu and govmu.org. Maybe, it is due to
> carelessness. Would you keep your money at a bank if the bank is careless
> with your confidential information?

No.

> Does it affect confidentiality if the policies to ensure confidentiality
> are badly written or if those policies are ignored?

Yes certainly it does. How will the data controllers or those in possession
of personal data process the data when the policies are badly written or if
well written, ignore them?

Regards,
Nadim Attari