Re: Biometric ID Card

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 13:39:32 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 09:39 08-09-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>Thank you for the link. A government official
>once told me not everything that is decided by
>the cabinet actually sees light. I usually wait
>for an official communiqué destined for the
>public. I was hoping to see a communiqué at
>http://www.govmu.org/English/News/Pages/default.aspx?NewsD=ICT

I was looking for some other "communiques" which
I read about in the press. I could not find any
of them on the Government Portal.

I read
http://hacklog.mu/mnic-project-fingerprint-image-still-recorded/
Are the procedures for storage valid given that
some parts of the Acts are void? There is the
following in another Supreme Court judgement:

   "we grant a permanent writ of injunction prohibiting the defendants from
    storing, or causing to be stored, as the case may be, any fingerprints
    or biometric information data obtained on the basis of the provisions
    in the National Identity Card Act and the Data Protection Act."