Re: Biometric ID Card

From: Ish Sookun <ish.sookun_at_lsldigital.mu>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 20:39:57 +0400

Hi SM,

On 09/08/2015 08:13 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> From what I have seen the ID card is currently used for visual
> identification only.

Yes. Until now even the new ID Card is used for just visual
verification. I haven't seen the fingerprint/ID Card reader yet. You'll
ask me other questions, I'll again reply there is a lack of transparency.

> There is some information at
> http://pmo.govmu.org/English/Documents/Cabinet%20Decisions%202015/Amended%20Cabinet%20decisions%20-4%20September%202015.pdf

Thank you for the link. A government official once told me not
everything that is decided by the cabinet actually sees light. I usually
wait for an official communiqué destined for the public. I was hoping to
see a communiqué at
http://www.govmu.org/English/News/Pages/default.aspx?NewsD=ICT

> It sounds like the ICT Advisory Council "consists of a handle attached
> to a piece of carved rubber and that is dipped in ink and then pressed
> on paper to print a date, name, symbol, etc". :-)

I like your sense of humour and there is truth in it :)
If people do not question and ask for information, nothing will change,
as the being or non-being of the council does not affect decisions.