Banning of Facebook

From: OMDEEP GOKHOOL <omdeep.gokhool1_at_umail.uom.ac.mu>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 13:59:14 -0700

Dear Sir,

I listened on the radio that people in this country are calling for a ban
of facebook because of the tensions linked to religion and culture.

I am an university student and also a heavy user of facebook. It is not
simply a platform to keep contact but also to host group discussions with
classmates and lecturers. Information related to classes and university is
shared faster through a common group. Many of us, students, see facebook as
an important tool in our studies.

May I have your opinions on the subject of banning facebook because of
social tensions and also as the Chairman of the ICT Advisory Council, what
is the Council advising the Ministry on this matter ?

Regards
Omdeep Gokhool