Mauritius Smart Cities Conference

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 21:29:31 +0400

Hello all,
I saw this advertisement on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mauritius-Smart-Cities-2015/1455186138121709?sk=timeline
Anybody willing to attend?Conference Package – Mauritius Smart Cities Summit 2015Dates: Tuesday, October 14, 2015 – Wednesday, October 15, 2015Price: Rs 30,000 + VAT (MQA Approval still in progress)Package Includes:Admission to all general sessionsAccess to all Speaker presentations for each sessionAll meal functionsA Program guide
There are some things which are not clear though:
1.http://smartcitiesmauritius.com/Smart Cities Mauritius .com? why not .mu?
2. Speakers:http://www.geocities.ws/smartcitiesmauritius/speakers.html
It is interesting to know that they did some research and found any expertise regarding Smart Cities Mauritius.It would be indeed beneficial to know if there will be any follow up after that conference as well as visibility on what they discussed about.
3.The agenda seems pretty nice but is it really about new ideas? Smart Cities is not only about getting new technological devices, futuristic buildings etcIsn't the primary concern about the culture itself? Are we ready to implement such innovative concepts?
Talking about Smart Cities- we are actually facing so much issues with connectivity be it for personal use and for business. Shouldn't the Government worry about this first? Everybody is talking about Internet of Things nowadays why we are very far from being able to connect to the Internet Properly.
Is the Government really aware of the events organized so far regarding technology and its citizens?
We may eventually consider the conference 'Mauritius Smart Cities' as a failure if we end up having an Infotech also known by 'Infobazar' organized as in previous years.
Kind regards,Shelly