Re: Mauritius Smart Cities Conference

From: Ish Sookun <ish.sookun_at_lsldigital.mu>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 19:54:26 +0400

Hi Shelly,

On 09/07/2015 09:29 PM, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:

> 1.http://smartcitiesmauritius.com/
> Smart Cities Mauritius .com? why not .mu?

The smartcitiesmauritius.com domain has privacy that prevents me from
viewing its registrant information. Could the person behind it be a
scammer, a fraudster, a terrorist, a thief, a bandit, a mafia
organization? Sorry, I do not know and I cannot say. The domain points
to a free web hosting service which is a typical method used by
scammers. Again, should I think of the people behind as being scammers.
I don't know, I can't say. The people behind the website do not appear
smart.

> 2. Speakers:
> http://www.geocities.ws/smartcitiesmauritius/speakers.html
>
> It is interesting to know that they did some research and found any
> expertise regarding Smart Cities Mauritius.
> It would be indeed beneficial to know if there will be any follow up
> after that conference as well as visibility on what they discussed about.

The conference itself could be a scheme to gulp in Rs 30K from people.
Earlier this year there was a *National Conference* on ICT [1] in March
of this year. Attendees had to pay Rs 2,000.

What happened thereafter?

> Is the Government really aware of the events organized so far regarding
> technology and its citizens?

The government is aware what the opposition is doing.

[1]
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2015/03/0412.html