Biometric ID Card

From: SHELLY HERMIA BHUJUN <shelly.bhujun_at_umail.uom.ac.mu>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 21:04:28 +0400

Hello,

I have been reading recent articles about the Biometric ID Card.

I have some questions related to that even though I know this mailing list
is
about the Internet in Mauritius.

1. I have head that the Government is going to seek foreign experts advice
regarding the destruction of biometric data.
I was wondering who are the person in charge of keeping the biometric data
safe?
Were they local experts? Aren't there local experts that can handle such
matter/issue?

2. How can they ensure that they will indeed delete the data?

3. Why is the data protection commissioner reacting now?
Where was she when the Government decided to implement the biometric ID
card.

Kind regards,