Re: Biometric ID Card

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 13:33:08 -0700

Hello,
At 08:48 24-08-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>A journalist called me today to ask my opinion about the destruction
>of the biometric data that started today. I answered if it's the
>same people who set up the system & were proponent of the Biometric
>ID card that come and say they have deleted the data, I cannot trust
>them. These people nearly *compelled* Mauritians to submit their
>biometric data. They are no more credible to say the contrary now.

Irshaad asked a question about this topic yesterday and shared a
press article about it. The name of an expert from Singapore
Corporation Enterprise is mentioned in that article. I did a search
and I could not find any web page in which the expert commented about
security. Ish commented as follows: "Les experts singapouriens n'ont
pas parle de la technique utilise pour la destruction. Il y a un
manque de transparence". It is not possible to determine whether the
data was destroyed if there isn't any technical information about how
it was done. The cost of the destruction is estimated to be Rs
100,000. It can raise concerns about how the data was destroyed.