Re: OTAM want to replace Mauritians with cheap labour !

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2015 14:38:00 -0700

Hi Logan,
At 11:35 AM 8/8/2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>Now, think about all of those parents who are working hard to save
>money to pay for 3/4 Computer Engineering/ Information Systems/
>Computer Applications degrees for their children, or those paying for
>CCNA/CCNP ? Will they be happy when their children have to compete for
>Rs 6,000 sysadmin/netadmin/web developer jobs ?

I doubt that the parents who have worked hard to pay the study fees
of their children will be happy to see their children competing for a
Rs 6,000 system administrator or junior system administrator job.

>And what about those who want their children to be software engineers
>? Those who are planning the future of their children right now ?

I doubt that the parents would be interested in a future where the
children will be paid the same salary as an unskilled person in the
textile industry.

>And what those 14,000 IT workers who are directly concerned by this
>"suggestion" (myself included) ?

Your future is at risk as you will be offered a lower salary or else
you might be replaced by a foreign working who will work for much
less than you.

>Will we need to reduce our salary expectations ?

Yes.