Re: MIU Objective

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 16:35:02 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 06:54 25-06-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>Yes. I am aware of the clause. As I said, what I understand from the
>ICT Act does not really matter. There are decades old practices that
>no one wants to change. They exist at many levels, not just the ICT
>Advisory Council.

A person can remain stuck in the established set of attitudes of 2001
or he/she can wake up and find out whether it is to his/her advantage
to follow what was established in 2001.

There is a document from the Information and Communication
Technologies Authority in which the words "legacy administration" is
mentioned. The postal charge to send a letter is Rs 7.00. The cost
of sending an email, excluding ISP charges, is zero if you are using
one of the free email services. Should I follow the old practice of
sending a letter by post?

>There is an amalgam that the moment you interact with government
>agencies you became a government agent & you're bound to secrecy
>(even without consent).

I could not find anything about that so-called secrecy in the
Information and Communications Technologies Act 2001. Is it written
somewhere else or should I believe everything an official tells me?