RE: MIU Objective

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 21:59:09 +0400

Hello Ish and Logan,
I would like to know whether members of the ICT Advisory Council are being paid. Is this information confidential?
I understand that you are both representing the interest of consumers in Mauritius. How can the Council expect two consumers only to represent the views of all the other consumers in Mauritius if these two consumers cannot interact with other consumers in Mauritius to discuss about the various problems.
I think that it is silly to have two members representing consumers and not allowing them to engage with other consumers.
I searched to find out whether Ish Sookun and Loganaden Velvindron are indeed members of the ICT Advisory Council and i have two LinkedIn profiles about that. I don't find it normal not to have any information about the ICT Advisory members on the Government Website. What if you are faking your LinkedIn profile?
If the ICT Advisory Council is only there to advise the Minister, who is going to advise the Public? It does not make sense to ask the Minister to join the Minister to engage with us.
So i can conclude that Mauritius has a culture of having a Council just for the saying that there is a council where consumers are being represented even if the consumers are not allowed to talk to the members of the Council.

Regards.