National Open Source Software Policy

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 17:55:31 +0400

Hello,

I read from the cabinet decisions published on the Prime Minister's Office
website[1] that the Cabinet agreed to the implementation of the National
Open Source Software Policy. In the capacity of the PR of the Linux User
Group of Mauritius (LUGM), I sent an email[2] to the ICT Culture Promotion
Manager[3] of the National Computer Board (NCB) to enquire about NCB's
collaboration.

I'd like to draw the attention of the Mauritian Internet Users that during
public events by LUGM, volunteers help people familiarize with Linux and
Open Source Software. These include the use of Internet browsers and
software like Skype on Linux distributions.

I would be glad to have your suggestions on what kind of Internet related
activities or demos you would like to see in our future events.

[1]
http://pmo.govmu.org/English/News/Pages/Cabinet-Decisions---26-September-2014.aspx
[2]
http://discuss.lugm.org/pipermail/discuss_discuss.lugm.org/2015-May/002148.html