Re: National Open Source Software Policy

From: Cédric Poottaren <cedric_at_jcplaboratory.org>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 23:20:49 +0400

Hi Logan,

I definely agree to what you said.
Just to relate, the PSSA had sent a mail to all private schools recently requesting them to legally license their Windows Machine.

This issue is hot topic currently at work. We have suggested the Management to chose between two options 1) Buy Get Genuine Kits from Microsoft and 2) Implement Open Source OS.

In an economic point of view it prevents the management from spending much money but the constraint is about the students, the manuals currently being in use and even most of the I.T educators are not well versed in Linux.

Sometimes other factors like these makes implementation of FOSS difficult.

Regards,
Cédric Poottaren
Software developer
http://jcplaboratory.org