Re: National Open Source Software Policy

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 22:06:42 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 06:55 27-05-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>I'd like to draw the attention of the Mauritian Internet Users that
>during public events by LUGM, volunteers help people familiarize
>with Linux and Open Source Software. These include the use of
>Internet browsers and software like Skype on Linux distributions.

Will the Linux User Group Meta be using the Cyber Caravan Project [1]
to help people familiarize with Linux? I gather that you are aware
that Linux is the kernel. :-)

>I would be glad to have your suggestions on what kind of Internet
>related activities or demos you would like to see in our future events.

I suggest having demos which show whether the free software selected
by the Linux User Group Meta offers features which are at least
equivalent to what can be achieved with Windows for web-related
activities. Will there be a list of recommended software?

1. http://www.ncb.mu/English/EPowering-People/Caravan/Pages/default.aspx