Open Data : OSS adoption by the Government

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 17:22:51 +0400

Dear Mr Hawabhay,

Last year I participated in the workshop on the National Open Source
Software Policy by the National Computer Board. The draft mentioned that
the Government of Mauritius is clearly aware of the benefits & positive
impacts of Open Source Software (OSS).

I have not seen any data pertaining to the inventory of software in the
Government offices. As a representative of the Linux User Group of
Mauritius, I would be keen to analyze such data and measure the adoption of
OSS by Government organizations.

An analysis of the ICT needs of the Government versus OSS alternatives &
local expertise can help in understanding bottlenecks in the adoption.

​Regards,​

--
​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.