Re: Achievements

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 10:23:09 +0400

Hi SM,

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 11:53 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> People may be impressed when they see people with fancy titles. The
> Mauritius Internet Users does not have any president or vice-president.
> Does that mean that it should not be allowed to participate in a workshop
> about an internet-related topic?

​You have contributed various RFCs[1][2][3] to the Internet Engineering
Task Force. You are not the president or vice-president of an
internet-related association ​in Mauritius. Can't you participate and
contribute to the workshops of the National Computer Board (NCB) as an
"individual"? Does one get super-powers or super-knowledge by being the
president of some association? I do not think so.

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6694
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7154
[3] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7479

* Requests for comments (RFCs) are publications by the Internet Engineering
Task Force that set guidelines for the Internet.

​Regards,​

--
​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.