Re: Open Source Software in Mauritius

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 12:31:34 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 11:50 21-05-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>You do realize that although there is a Linux User Group of
>Mauritius, although there is a BSD Developer who contributes code to
>several worldwide open source projects, although several Mauritians
>are employed by foreign companies to work on open source software,
>our Government still hired two "foreigners" to draft a policy for Mauritians.

Did the president of the local Linux User Group raise any objection
about the hiring of two foreigners to draft the policy?

>Do you find this fair? I do not. I strongly push forward the "open"
>ideas but my voice is not enough.

If you mean whether it is fair that the local Linux User Group is
good enough to do Open Source advocacy and it is not good enough when
it comes to paying somebody to write a draft policy, I do not think
that it is fair. Are Avinash and Logan also pushing forward the "open" ideas?