RE: www.infotech.mu

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 22:24:14 +0400

Hello SM,
> In my opinion there isn't any good government web site in Mauritius.

I would like to know how much money was spent for designing the Government websites.
> The IT sector is mainly about outsourcing. I doubt that anyone outside Mauritius would list Call Centres and web agencies as a significant part of the technology sector. I am not aware of technology products made in Mauritius.

Okay.
> There are people from outside Mauritius who attend the event. I have not heard any of them complaining about the event.
Maybe they did but the organizing committee didn't take their feedbacks and suggestions seriously. You never know! I read some of the response we got after expressing our views on topics and apparently what they want is for us to shut up. Maybe that's the culture they want to establish in our country but to be sincere i think its a pity to think like that. They create shameful websites and organize such events to bring the Mauritian level down. They have the audacity to expect free consultancy from Mauritians but pay foreign experts for advice?
I think everything is connected. They want to promote Mauritius as a smart Island, they want to produce great leaders and people with great skills but they don't trust the citizens when they express their opinion.
> The event has been held since 1990. It might be organised because there is usually such an event every year. The objective is probably to sell products to consumers. It is not the type of event where I would expect to see something innovative.
Whats the use of organizing an event just to showoff that they have money and can contact companies etc? Why don't they use that money for better investment?! There are so many talented Mauritians!
This is a list where few were mentioned:http://leverlepep.blogspot.com/2012/10/famous-mauritians-internationally.html

I don't know about you but sometimes it feels like the 'progress' they talk about is just an illusion.
Regards.