RE: www.infotech.mu

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 08:17:09 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 08:34 16-05-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>I would really appreciate if someone could share us a good
>Government Website to prove me wrong.

In my opinion there isn't any good government web site in Mauritius.

>I thought an Infotech was supposed to be an exhibition event where
>companies from the most rapidly developing IT sector would show
>their best achievements and products, or an event where people would
>discover new technological products and be updated about the IT world.

The IT sector is mainly about outsourcing. I doubt that anyone
outside Mauritius would list Call Centres and web agencies as a
significant part of the technology sector. I am not aware of
technology products made in Mauritius.

>How i found the Infotech event- a waste of time, money and the event
>was really messed up. Some people even started calling it
>'Bazartech' . Now, i don't think that this is the experience we
>would like foreigners who would come to such event share with their
>country. What's the use of organizing such events if you end up with
>this kind of result? and this is not the first time.

There are people from outside Mauritius who attend the event. I have
not heard of any of them complaining about the event.

The event has been held since 1990. It might be organised because
there is usually such an event every year. The objective is probably
to sell products to consumers. It is not the type of event where I
would expect to see something innovative.