RE: www.infotech.mu

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 19:34:18 +0400

Hello Sruti,
I would really appreciate if someone could share us a good Government Website to prove me wrong.
I thought an Infotech was supposed to be an exhibition event where companies from the most rapidly developing IT sector would show their best achievements and products, or an event where people would discover new technological products and be updated about the IT world.
How i found the Infotech event- a waste of time, money and the event was really messed up. Some people even started calling it 'Bazartech' . Now, i don't think that this is the experience we would like foreigners who would come to such event share with their country. What's the use of organizing such events if you end up with this kind of result? and this is not the first time.
>Perhaps, the infotech website is updated only when the infotech event is held.
Yes. Maybe it is updated ONLY when the Infotech event is held and maybe what they understand by 'update' is only editing the content because the website design is seriously shameful!
Regards.

Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 10:48:33 +0400
Subject: Re: www.infotech.mu
From: saisruti1501_at_gmail.com
To: shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com
CC: mauritius-internet-users_at_lists.elandnews.com

Hi Shelly,
Most of the websites I have come across in Mauritius are barely updated, which is very sad.
Perhaps, the infotech website is updated only when the infotech event is held. I think the advertisements will work better if the interface is improved.
Regards, R.J

On 15 May 2015 at 22:26, Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

I visited the http://www.infotech.mu website and i find it quite shameful to see such a website who is supposed to give us the latest updates about technology in Mauritius. The Interface is so outdated. The National Computer Board is supposed to be a showcase for Mauritius.
"INFOTECH is the major annual Information and Communication Technology (ICT) event organised in Mauritius by the National Computer Board (NCB), operating under the aegis of the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology. The aim is to create awareness on emerging technologies and provide business opportunities in the ICT sector."
What kind of awareness are the Managers of the NCB creating with this website? I don't think the website projects an image of a company who is up to date with web design. How can the NCB advertise events about technology when the company's website is so poor?
What is your opinion about this?
Regards.