RE: Internet/bandwidth situation in Mauritius

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 22:06:00 +0400

​I am resident of Providence and I use Internet there everyday. I don't know if there is an employee of ICTA who lives in the vicinity and could give the higher officials of ICTA a different picture of the Internet situation.
I am resident of Saint-Pierre and i am sure that Saint-Pierre is located in Mauritius. When will i have access to FTTH in saint-pierre? My region is not listed in the coverage for FTTH. Is it because it is a rural area?
The executive Director of the ICTA gave an interview in which he said there are 8 ISPs in Mauritius.http://www.the-report.net/mauritius/jun2012/113-q-a-dr-m-k-oolun-executive-director-of-icta
Why is there only Orange and Emtel in Saint-Pierre?
I have never heard of these other ISPs (Les Relais Ltd. , DCL etc) Are they real ISPs? We are in 2015, A lot of reports on broadband strategies have been published. Why do we have only Orange and Emtel?
Please be non-technical in your answer.
Regards.