Re: 100Mbps and Torrent

From: Sun <s4ndeep1203_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 22:22:44 +0400

Hi SM,

Regarding the 512K connection that I am using, with 2MB local connectivity.
Here are some tests that I did some minutes ago.

Notice the download speeds in both screenshots.

*Downloading livebox software from orange mauritius (Local connectivity) *
Download link used : http://myt.orange.mu/downloads/my_account/livebox.zip

[image: Inline images 2]

*Downloading LibreOffice from the official website. (Not local)*
Download Link used : https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/

[image: Inline images 3]

I am not sure where you got the information that the 2MB local connectivity
was an error. In any case, I am very happy with it and I'm not complaining!
:P (Hi Orange, this is not a bug. Do not fix my 2MB local)
Although I would love to experience an *upgrade* to 100Mbps.

Regards,
Sun

Thanks and Regards,

*RAMGOLAM Sandeep*

*Front-end Developer - Designer - Web Enthusiast - Gamer**Website :*
barfii.net <http://www.barfii.net>

On 27 April 2015 at 22:29, Appadoo Dave <azezezaaa_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey
>
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 4:43 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sun,
>> At 03:57 26-04-2015, Sun wrote:
>>
>>> Long Answer. Since the way torrent works is that it downloads pieces of
>>> the files from the closest peers. If two peers were on the same 100Mbps
>>> connection, it would be really fast. I have a myT 512k connection, but myT
>>> also gives me 2MB local connectivity. So, sometimes I get 2MB torrent speed
>>> when I'm doing research work if other people are downloading the same
>>> research materials. Else I'm stuck on 512k.
>>>

>> According to Mauritius Telecom, the 2 Mbps local connectivity which it
>> advertised on its web site was an error. In the above, you mentioned
>> getting 2 Mbps local connectivity. Could you please do a test which shows
>> that you are getting 2 Mbps local connectivity and send the results to the
>> mailing list?
>>
>> Regards,
>> S. Moonesamy
>>
>> Just something I'll add:
> If you login on your router, navigate to ADSL stats or ADSL information,
> you can see the actual rate of your connection. This can give you the value
> at which your connection's upload & download speeds are capped. If one
> proceed to do a test on speedtest.net, one can get a more accurate value
> of the connection's throughput.
> Cheers,
> EVad

local.jpg