Re: 100Mbps and Torrent

From: Appadoo Dave <azezezaaa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 22:29:11 +0400

Hey

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 4:43 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> Hi Sun,
> At 03:57 26-04-2015, Sun wrote:
>
>> Long Answer. Since the way torrent works is that it downloads pieces of
>> the files from the closest peers. If two peers were on the same 100Mbps
>> connection, it would be really fast. I have a myT 512k connection, but myT
>> also gives me 2MB local connectivity. So, sometimes I get 2MB torrent speed
>> when I'm doing research work if other people are downloading the same
>> research materials. Else I'm stuck on 512k.
>>

> According to Mauritius Telecom, the 2 Mbps local connectivity which it
> advertised on its web site was an error. In the above, you mentioned
> getting 2 Mbps local connectivity. Could you please do a test which shows
> that you are getting 2 Mbps local connectivity and send the results to the
> mailing list?
>
> Regards,
> S. Moonesamy
>
> Just something I'll add:
If you login on your router, navigate to ADSL stats or ADSL information,
you can see the actual rate of your connection. This can give you the value
at which your connection's upload & download speeds are capped. If one
proceed to do a test on speedtest.net, one can get a more accurate value of
the connection's throughput.
Cheers,
EVad