Re: 100Mbps and Torrent

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 12:31:42 -0700

Hi Sun,
At 11:22 28-04-2015, Sun wrote:
>Regarding the 512K connection that I am using, with 2MB local
>connectivity. Here are some tests that I did some minutes ago.
>
>Notice the download speeds in both screenshots.
>
>Downloading livebox software from orange mauritius (Local connectivity)
>Download link used : http://myt.orange.mu/downloads/my_account/livebox.zip

Thanks for doing the test and sharing the results.

>I am not sure where you got the information that the 2MB local
>connectivity was an error. In any case, I am very happy with it and
>I'm not complaining! :P (Hi Orange, this is not a bug. Do not fix my 2MB local)

I received the information about the 2 Mbps local access from
Mauritius Telecom. I did a test and my results were:

  Requesting http://myt.orange.mu/downloads/my_account/livebox.zip
   7% |** | 7936 KiB 120.20 KiB/s

I am getting a much lower download speed even though I am paying for
an internet connection which is advertised as being faster than 512
Kbps. I called my ISP to ask about this. I waited five minutes for
a person to answer the call. The person did a test of the connection
and did not find any problem with it. I asked a question about the
download speed for local access. It is strange that I got a dial
tone indicating that the call ended before the person could answer.

It is clear from your test that Orange can provide faster local
access than the advertised download speed for international access.