Re: WebCup 2015 (was: Website security)

From: vincent pollet <vincent_at_pongosoft.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 00:50:43 +0400

Hi guys

I am actually one of the admin for Webcup Mauritius website. You guys are
right it is a wordpress and the choice of the theme can always be discussed
but at the end of the day it is not really our choice .... The website is
managed by the team in la Reunion and other countries like us do not have
full admin access. Which is normal as the competition is not only in
Mauritius but in Indian Ocean so it need to be centralized somehow and to
satisfy everyone.

Webcup registration will be officially launched on Monday in Port Louis and
regarding security issues well... you guys should know better than other
that 100% security does not exist in our sector :)

I also want to share with you that the core organization team of the Webcup
is composed of 4 voluntary workers only to organize an event in
coordination with Reunion,Mayotte,Comoros Madagascar and Seychelles...
If you think that something is not rightly done, well we will be happy to
receive your assistance ! at the end of the day we are not paid for doing
this and it is the community that is benefiting of it so let me know if you
guys are ready to help :)

Lastly regarding web agency installing only a purchased theme and a logo
you can imagine that when a client is asking for a 10 000 MUR website he
gets what he pays for. Quality cost money obviously and many agencies are
lowering down the prices on the local market because clients are simply not
ready to pay. It will change one day maybe but you have now the situation
where good agencies prefer to sell abroad than to work for peanuts on the
local market... that is sad but mentally are evolving and I think it will
be better in a near future

Good night

Regards,

*VINCENT POLLET *| *CO-FOUNDER*