Re: WebCup 2015 (was: Website security)

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 22:55:51 +0400

Hi SM,

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 9:46 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> Congratulations on your appointment to the ICT Advisory Council. :-)

​Thank you​ :-)

> I found the following for last year's WebCup: http://maurice.webcup.fr/
> actualites-webcup-maurice-2014/proud-geek-le-grand-gagnant-2014-1007.html
> "google" added the following comment:
>
> "Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. [[ » ] Edit or delete it,
> then start blogging!"
>
> It is faster to buy a HTML template when nobody will notice it. :-)

​As per this page (
http://maurice.webcup.fr/webcup-2015-informations-inscriptions) it seems
the organisers of WebCup have created a "private group" on Facebook to
educate/guide participants; while the web version of the regulations[1] is
awaiting a "mise à jour".

The website has poor UI if you consider the different size of fonts used
and the placement of texts. This color combination is horrible.

The following page (http://www.webcup.fr/espace-presse) mentions that
registration for WebCup 2015 has started as from 30 March 2015. However, on
the earlier mentioned page I highlighted the lack of information regarding
registration & regulations. WebCup looks like it's organized by people who
know little about the web.

[1] http://maurice.webcup.fr/webcup-2015-informations-inscriptionsâ€

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.