Re: Renewal (or purchase) of .mu domain(s)

From: Jochen Kirstätter <mscc_at_kirstaetter.name>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:18:37 +0400

Hi Logan,

On 27/03/2015 12:07, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
> And who was managing gov.mu ? wasn't that the .mu ccTLD manger ? Who
> pulled the plug on the gov.mu ? Again, the .mu ccTLD manager !

True.

Let me ask you several things:

  * Why wasn't and still isn't the government, ie. Prime Minister's
    Office, the official Owner of the domain?
  * Why were those domains not paid on time? Since years?
  * How would you handle a client that doesn't want to pay for your
    services?

Unfortunately, the righteous owner of gov.mu pulled the plug and put the
domain offline.
That was a bit clumsy, and should have been done already years ago.
Latest when the case went in front of court.

>> Honestly, it's my opinion that this distrust in the current .mu ccTLD
>> management is surely encouraged by distribution of misleading information,
>> particularly during the pre-election phase. And it's not limited to that
>> phase as there has been an outcry or should I say a "hatred blame game"
>> based on misguiding information by a registrar abroad begin of this year,
>> too.
> I think that you're misleading people here.

First, I'm not doing anything here other than asking others to read
certain information correctly.
Second, as stated it's my opinion. So take it or leave it.

--
Kind regards, Jochen
Founder of Mauritius Software Craftsmanship Community