Re: Proposing a panel discussion on ICTA's Consultation Paper

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 10:28:03 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 09:54 AM 26-04-2021, Ish Sookun wrote:
>The past week I watched and listened to several panel discussions on
>private radios and their Facebook channels about the Consultation
>Paper by the ICT Authority. In at least two of them the Chairman of
>ICTA participated and in of them the Director of ICT of ICTA
>intervened. However, I don't see that those panel discussions
>achieved anything.

I'll give credit to Nirvan [1] and the person who started a petition
{2]. Those panel discussions were also useful to inform the audience
about the public consultation.

>Hence, I am asking the subscribers here your opinion on a panel
>discussion held and moderated by the Mauritius Internet Users. What
>do you think?

The proposal for a panel discussion is a good idea. I suggest
tweaking your proposal so that there is audience interaction.

The matter could be divided in several topics, e.g. privacy, security
from a technical point of view. It would be premature to focus on
those topics without getting a broader perspective of the
matter. I'll suggest giving two minutes to each presenter to get
that broader perspective.

1. https://twitter.com/nirvanpagooah/status/1383349848578031621
2. https://twitter.com/Ariel_Saramandi/status/1383638629608673281