Re: Proposing a panel discussion on ICTA's Consultation Paper

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 16:06:56 +0400

Hi SM,

On 26/04/2021 21:28, S Moonesamy wrote:

> I'll give credit to Nirvan [1] and the person who started a petition
> {2]. Those panel discussions were also useful to inform the audience
> about the public consultation.

Yes, indeed. Few might realize but Nirvan's thread on Twitter pushed
people into communicating more about the paper & Ariel was able to
obtain thousands of signatures on the petition.

> The matter could be divided in several topics, e.g. privacy, security
> from a technical point of view. It would be premature to focus on
> those topics without getting a broader perspective of the
> matter. I'll suggest giving two minutes to each presenter to get
> that broader perspective.

In my opinion, dividing into several topics such as privacy & security,
which are themselves very broad subjects, will require more time for the
panelists to speak about these. Sticking to the comments on the
Consultation Paper and letting panelist decide whether they will comment
on a specific item related to privacy, security, legal or something
else, can be timed properly.