Unlimited data plan

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 11:11:52 +0400

Hi folks,

I read http://fortune.com/2017/03/09/how-t-mobile-unlimited-data-plan.

Previously, I argued [1] with Emtel about the ambiguous use of the word
"unlimited" in its internet packages. While Emtel did not reply to the
"deceptive advertising" titled email, it did answer my question about
its Fair Usage Policy which I asked [2] in January 2017. The answer
contained the following:

        « We are confident that our Fair Usage Policy is in line with other
ISPs around the world and we don’t expect to have any issues with
customers and Fair Usage either. »

While reading the article about T-Mobile one would see that the word
"unlimited" is used in the same sense as Emtel. However, from an
internet user's perspective I think *uninterrupted* would be more
appropriate that saying unlimited. The limit is still present, it's just
that the connection is not interrupted when the limit cap is reached.

[1]
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2017/01/5931.html
[2]
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2017/01/5970.html