Re: Unlimited data plan

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 11:43:51 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 00:11 09-05-2017, Ish Sookun wrote:
>its Fair Usage Policy which I asked [2] in January 2017. The answer
>contained the following:
>
> « We are confident that our Fair Usage Policy is in line with other
>ISPs around the world and we don't expect to have any issues with
>customers and Fair Usage either. »

I am not convinced by that answer.

>While reading the article about T-Mobile one would see that the word
>"unlimited" is used in the same sense as Emtel. However, from an
>internet user's perspective I think *uninterrupted* would be more
>appropriate that saying unlimited. The limit is still present, it's just
>that the connection is not interrupted when the limit cap is reached.

The market in the U.S. is not the same as what we
see in Mauritius. You'll probably find
organizations over there with legal advisors to
dispute internet-related issues. Is there any
organization doing that in Mauritius?

As for misleading advertising, the government
agency responsible for consumer protection
ignored the problem. That agency does not seem
to know what to do when the consumer problem is
about services. The ICTA has not shown any
interest in discussing about "Fair Usage" or "unlimited" with consumers.