Deletion of biometric data

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 10:16:09 +0400

Dear Mr Hawabhay,

I visited mnis.govmu.org and I am writing to you since it is not clear
whom should an individual address for privacy related queries regarding
the Mauritius National Identity Scheme (MNIS).

I would like to know where can I consult an affidavit sworn by someone
who attended the "biometric database deletion ceremony" of the MNIS?

I quote from a press article [1] dated 1 September 2015,

        « Les officiers qui ont procédé à cet exercice devraient jurer un
affidavit pour confirmer la destruction des données biométriques. »

May I know the names of the persons who attended the "deletion ceremony"
and whether the Ministry of Technology, Communication & Innovation has
received their sworn affidavit?

[1]
https://www.lexpress.mu/article/268095/carte-didentite-empreintes-digitales-947-000-citoyens-detruites