Re: Deletion of biometric data

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 22:52:01 +0400

Hi SM,

Thanks. I found the MoHQL report. I will comment about it later.

On 03/05/17 22:15, S Moonesamy wrote:
> That's the problem. Barcode scanning is a short-term fix. Why aren't
> readers being deployed for reading the data on the chip
I have been thinking about that. The card as its intended design might
not be employed here. The example of "electronic services" that was
supposed to be delivered through the Rs 50M government portal in 2013
fits well here. The portal currently is an electronic-shame.

A lot of what is promised actually never makes it to real-life use. A
year ago there was a pompous launch by a minister about an eCitizen app
[1]. What have we achieved? A few days ago the Prime Minister launched
the Citizen Support Portal [2] which is « powered by Mauritius Telecom
». Does it help any further to submit a request online while the
"infrastructure & management" attending the request behind follows the
same old procedure? Does making a complaint on paper, email or tweet
make any difference if it is not attended?

The problem with the hospitals is not really about typing name or ID
number of patients. It's most probably about registry mismanagement and
poor use of information systems. Then scanning a bar code rather than
typing a patient name does not fix the problem.

[1]
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wearemobimove.ecitizen&hl=en
[2]
http://www.orange.mu/sinformer/dossiers/societe/478593/le-citizen-support-portal-lance-par-le-premier-ministre-pravind-jugnauth.html

I drink coffee and manage Linux servers for lexpress.mu.