Re: Sharing of personal information

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 02:13:37 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 01:02 28-03-2017, Ish Sookun wrote:
>Both of these groups are pretty welcoming. Instead of criticizing from
>outside why not contribute your ideas into making either LUGM or MSCC
>better? Critics are good for development. Everybody is putting time into

I sent the following message a few months ago
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2016/11/5880.html
Am I taking an opposite position in respect to Yusuf's comment about privacy?

Your comment may be perceived as meaning that it
is better not to express any concern from that
outside and certainly not to make any public comment about a dubious practice.

Should I join all the "IT" groups in Mauritius
and contribute my ideas to make them
better? Would there be conflict of interest issues?

>something based on their belief of doing the right thing with the right
>method. I am not questioning the methods since that is not the priority
>for the moment. I answered your tweet saying I will read about the
>privacy concerns and comment after the Developers Conference. Surely,
>there are ways to find and fix or improve things.

I am in one group locally as that is as much time
as I can afford. For what it is worth, local
participation requires much more effort as there
isn't much public information available for me to
understand the issues. It is a matter of hours
for me to read about a non-local issue and
understand it. For a local issue, it is a matter of days or more.

Is it my responsibility to find ways to fix or
improve something because I commented about
it? I heard that suggestion during a discussion
with company in the region. My response was that
it is neither my job nor my responsibility to do
that. A few month ago, I commented about
negative criticism (
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg99771.html ).

>Would you like to have coffee at Voilą and we discuss matters?

I already have some work scheduled for this
week. I am okay with putting in some time to
discuss matters if you believe that it would be
useful. The privacy concern does not affect me
as I did not agree to having my personal sold to third-parties.

Have you heard of the Prime Directive?