Re: Facebook feed was flooded with references to video clips

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 22:40:02 +0400

On 03/08/2017 09:42 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> Is it to make people aware that "on conviction amount to a fine not
> exceeding Rs 1 million and to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5
> years" (quoting your blog article)?

I thought of writing about the legislation provision after reading
comments on public posts requesting the video. It appears that people
are totally ignorant of the gravity of such comments.

> [..] Could you please show me whether
> there are cases where the person(s) causing the offence was identified
> and convicted by a court? The conviction rate is very low [1].

I am unaware of past convictions (if there were any).

> Did your friends read about the video in a newspaper or did they read
> about it on Facebook?

I didn't hear from anyone that they read about the video in the
newspaper. I only heard from people reacting to "posts" on Facebook.

I drink coffee and manage Linux servers for lexpress.mu.