Re: Facebook feed was flooded with references to video clips

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 09:42:43 -0800

Hi Ish,
At 08:57 08-03-2017, Ish Sookun wrote:
>In my opinion, the incident could be mentioned in an article that
>creates awareness rather than a spiced-up article that hints at the
>details of the video clips. Such details would only fuel the curiosity
>of some people who would then search for the video. That's not the thing
>to be encouraged.

Is it to make people aware that "on conviction amount to a fine not
exceeding Rs 1 million and to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5
years" (quoting your blog article)? Could you please show me whether
there are cases where the person(s) causing the offence was
identified and convicted by a court? The conviction rate is very low [1].

Did your friends read about the video in a newspaper or did they read
about it on Facebook?

1. http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/cybercrime-facebook-mauritius.html