Re: Facebook feed was flooded with references to video clips

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 02:39:07 -0800

Hi Ish,
At 10:40 08-03-2017, Ish Sookun wrote:
>I didn't hear from anyone that they read about the video in the
>newspaper. I only heard from people reacting to "posts" on Facebook.

Instead of reading the newspaper, your friends read the news on
Facebook as it is available in their Facebook feed. Your friends
were able to discuss about the news on Facebook as Facebook allows
them to do that even though the subject is considered as a "taboo".

   1. People were interested in the subject as it is about people from
      Mauritius instead of something happening in a foreign country.

   2. Those stories received at least five times more shares than the
      top news stories published on local news web sites.

   3. I assume that the videos were leaked. Some people in Mauritius
      may not be aware that it is easy to upload a video to Facebook.
      There were news articles about fake videos being uploaded.

I'll copy this message to Shelly and Sruti as I would like to hear
their opinions about the above.