Re: Mauritius ODRA report

From: Rajnish Hawabhay <rhawabhay_at_govmu.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 12:34:25 +0000

Dear Ish

Thank you for your email.

Please find below our inputs on the issues raised in your email:
A. ODRA
The Ministry is finalsing its study of the ODRA. We wish to soon move on the lines we indicated before as part of the validation workshop we had together with the World Bank.

B. Open data portal
As part of the discussions we had at the time of the validation workshop on the ODRA, it was understood that we would use sharepoint for the open data portal in the initial phase and eventually come up with a full fledged open data portal using open source. However, after further discussions with the World Bank consultants during the last year, we found it more beneficial to go straight to the open data portal using open source solutions - hence the tender. We also listed some datasets for release as part of the services to be provided under the tender.

An incremental approach for the release of prioritised datasets would be followed as soon as the open data portal is launched with some initial datasets.

Regards

Rajnish Hawabhay
Chief Technical Officer
Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation
Level 6, SICOM Tower,
Wall Street,
EBENE
REPUBLIC OF MAURITIUS