Re: Lack of competitive packages

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 10:18:12 +0400

On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 3:58 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> As a matter of individual preference I would not look at the conversion rate
> only, e.g. your comment about being closer to the family, weather, job
> security. If a person is very good in her field he/she won't find the very
> attractive financial proposition locally (excluding outsourcing). Let's
> assume that a person is a "Linux developer". He/she will be regularly
> participating in discussions on the LKML mailing list and he/she will be
> contacted by recruiters. I doubt that you'll find any people in Mauritius
> doing that.

Being involved in Linux kernel development, I can assure you that few
people are following LKML, due to sheer volume ! I love grokking the
Network stack: I participate on the netdev mailing list, which is more
appropriate for my interests :)

e.g: http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=142172653408315&w=4