Re: Statistics for incidents reported to CERT-MU

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 03:02:08 -0700

Dear Mr Bhoyroo,

As you are probably aware, there has been cases of ransomware in
Mauritius. It is not possible to assess the security risks to a
company when there isn't any numerical data available about security incidents.

I sent a request to CERT-MU about statistics for incidents reported
to CERT-MU on 19 September. I have not receive a reply yet. I
contacted a member of the ICT Advisory Council as I noticed that the
member sent a request previously about the CERT-MU "banner
statistics". The member of the ICT Advisory Council confirmed that
he did not receive any reply to his request.

Is the National Computer Board able to provide statistics for
incidents reported to CERT-MU?