Re: Statistics about Broadband

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2016 00:15:29 -0700

Hi Ish,

I don't know whether consumers can provide input about Broadband
policy to the ICT Advisory Council. I contacted Statistics Mauritius
last month about statistics for Broadband. According to Statistics
Mauritius, "Statistics on ICTs compiled by Statistics Mauritius are
based on recommendations of the International Telecommunication Union
(ITU), which is the United Nation's agency for ICTs and the official
source for global ICT
statistics. The ITU recommends broadband as speed of 256 kbps". That
ITU recommendation is from 2004.

I gather that you would agree that a decade is a long time on the
internet. Is it useful to use a 2004 recommendation?